Back in the 1970s we used to worry about radiation from things like TV and radio. This fear has now been replaced by electromagnetic fields, which are produced by everything from power lines, wireless routers, computers, and mobile phones.
As a result, there has been a massive surge of EMF meters flooding the market. Like many new technologies, this can be confusing. You don't want to put your health at risk by buying an EMF meter that doesn't work.
Here are the best EMF meters available right now for you to choose from.
1. Electric Field
- Wide range of electromagnetic frequencies
- Accurate readings
- Easy to read
- Safe and non-invasive
- Auto shut-off feature
- Lifetime guarantee
This a great meter to have in the home of someone who is sensitive to electromagnetic fields. It provides readings in three different categories: electric field, radio frequency (RF), and magnetic field strength. This way, if there’s electromagnetic fields in the house, you can pinpoint the location and the intensity of the radiation.
It has a wide range (0-10,000 microtesla), so it can can detect even the most minuscule of electromagnetic fields, which can be harmful. Plus, it’s lightweight and compact, so you can take it with you wherever you go.
It’s easy to use and read. It has auto shut-off features, making it even safer if you forget to turn it off. It also has a lifetime guarantee, so you can be sure of its longevity.
2. Cornet ED-88TPlus EMF/RF Detector 100MHz
- Excellent value for the price
- Comes with a hard-shell zipper case
- Lightweight, but large enough for easy use
- Clear sound when it detects EMFs
- Removable sensor (to clean, for instance)
- Solid build quality
- This product is available in three different colors
- One-year warranty and a 30-day money back guarantee
- The beeping sound is loud for some people
- A windshield won’t come with the product
- Sometimes the sensor becomes faulty and must be replaced.
While there are other pricey products on the market, we really like the Cornet ED-88TPlus EMF/RF Detector. We think this is an excellent product to buy if you’re new to the world of these devices.
This model is really cheap but comes with a beeping sound, which means it can make it a lot easier for you to know when you’re within a dangerous wave.
The beeping sound will beep more rapidly for radiation, and is one of the best features of this product because it’s easy to hear.
3. EMF Meter,Advanced GQ EMF-390 Multi-Field Electromagnetic Radiation 3-in-1 EMF ELF RF meter
- Clip-on design is convenient
- Available at lower price tag than typical EMF meters
- Needs two AAA batteries for power
- Some features are not properly labeled
Cell Phone/WI-FI/Bluetooth Analyzer.
Not many EMF meters on the market combine a variety of features in one device. This multi-function device provides one of the more accurate representations of the electromagnetic field strength of your surroundings.Some features are useful, while others are not. They can be confusing and the instructions do a poor job of guiding how to use the device’s functionality.
Despite its flaws, the Advanced GQ EMF-390 Multi-Field Electromagnetic Radiation 3-in-1 EMF ELF RF meter, 5G Cell Tower Smart meter Wifi Signal Detector RF up to 10GHz with Data Logger and 2.5Ghz Spectrum Analyzer is a great investment to use to avoid EMF overload.
4. HF-B3G Triple Axis HF RF Power Meter Analyzer and Detector Measuring EMF Radiation-Cell Phones-Smart Meters-Cell Towers-WiFi-Microwave-Bluetooth-Calibrated-Used
- Comes with a warranty
- Comes with a handy carrying case to store the meter in
- Greater sensitivity than the other products
- Checks smartphone radiation levels
In our search for an affordable EMF meter, we came across the HF company, which offers an easy-to-read, simplified, and quality EMF radiation meter. Discount EMF counters are becoming more common, and they were surprised at how often and in how many places we were measuring EMF.
These EMF meters are a great way to find sources of radiation that you might not be aware of. They work with a simple light and can give you a reading level reading in just seconds.
Although you don’t need a lot of training to use them, we do suggest that you take a radiation detection course before you use them since they can give inaccurate readings. There are numerous reasons that an EMF meter could give you an inaccurate reading, and knowing why could save you time and money.
5. EMFields Acoustimeter AM11 EMF Meter
- Easy to use
- Measures five different EMFs, including microwaves of all kinds
- Designed to be easy to see from a distance, as well as handheld for close readings
- Well-built, and should last a long time
- Different functions offered
- Affordable price
- Measures radiation in the air as well as distance from the device
- Can detect -50dB to 50dB, but you may need to be very close to the source of radiation to see the reading
- There have been some complaints that this EMF meter can’t seem to display in the right order or that it gets stuck, but this can be helped by pressing the button of the selected EMF
- Not the most compact, as it measures 10‛long “ 5.8” wide. It’s not huge, but it’s not pocket sized
& Backlight, Black.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the best EMF meter?
All of the EMF meters from All EMF are quality devices. There are two units called the P3 Ultimate EMF Meter and the RF Detector that are our favorites.
The P3 Ultimate EMF Meter is a professional device that can measure up to 10 frequencies simultaneously. This EMF meter lets you see both the measured frequency as a color as well as in numerical values.
The RF Detector, on the other hand, is perfect for detecting wireless fields. This EMF meter measures the strength of wireless signals from over 30 different frequencies. These frequencies are those used by the wireless systems we all interact with every day.
What is the best EMF protection?
EMF protection includes using shielding to keep EMF away from your whole body, reducing EMF exposures and using filters to help to reduce localized exposure.
What is the best EMF detector app?
There are several apps available that perform well and contain a lot of useful information about types of EMF, radiation exposure levels, etc. The free CellCon App definitely lists a bunch of info about electromagnetic sources that you can have with you at all times in the palm of your hand.
Is EMF detector app accurate?
The short answer is �yes & no�. All the major EMF meters in this list record accurate measurements. However, your phone, or the app, may not pick the highest EMF readings possible. There are two reasons for this.
- The app might be under/over-calibrated. The app uses the phone gyroscope to measure magnetic fields. This means whatever the magnetometer is calibrated to, such as 0.0 Gauss, will not reflect the true magnetic field range in front of the EMF meter.
- Your phone must be near your wrist while you�re taking readings. Since magnetic fields can only be measured at a limited range, your phone will not pick up the same reading in different distances.
These meters are a must have for any home out of the box, and we believe that these are the top EMF meters after comparing the various features and expert reviews. EMF stands for electromagnetic field, which is created by electrical devices and has been linked to health concerns. The good news is that there are numerous choices for various levels of EMF safety.